A few shouts.
This past week I received two(2) outstanding pieces of mail.
MLP sent along the chapbook I am richard simmons by Ben Tanzer. It's a pocket sized chapbook that carries a big punch. B-Tanz (I hope he doesn't mind me calling him that) delivers with speed, deftness, humor, and heart. I'm glad I picked it up, and I'm also glad I subscribed to the MLP chapbook series for 2010. The lineup is ridiculous, and I know I'll be happy.
And I also received Prick of the Spindle's first print offering, the Fiction Open Competition No. 1. Wow. I read it this morning and...wow. Dark, haunting, beautiful. Perfect. Go get.
I should also mention that Full of Crow has gone completely animal, in the best way possible. Fiction, poetry, reviews, interviews, ebooks, print, you name it, they're doing it.
- Thanks to all those who've contributed to my very modest video series Mel Bosworth Reads Things. And thanks to those who've been watching. The response has been good, and I'm looking forward to tapping many shoulders this winter and beyond.
- Blue Print Review has been buzzing this autumn. If you missed Issue #22 re/visit/cycle/turn, do check it out. They're on Fictionaut now too.
- Few, if any, do it better than PANK. I don't know what else to say about that.
- Teresa Houle goes dragon.
- Tia Prouhet goes green.
- Folded Word Press goes chapbook.
- This Alaska in Winter song makes me think of last autumn. Slow down, time. Slow down.